This is it! The POW MOW APP is here! A brand-new app to empower your ski day and keep you updated with Powder Mountain’s conditions in real-time. Never miss a great day of powder again.
“Powder Mountain” or is “Powder-Lover’s Paradise” a better choice?
If you do a Google search for Powder Mountain, the first thing you will read is this little intro: “Powder Mountain has over 7,000 acres of epic terrain covered in 500 inches of pristine powder. We are a one-of-a-kind winter wonderland you have to experience for yourself to believe. Whether you are into Cat skiing, side country, backcountry tours or shredding untouched corduroy, we have got what you are looking for, and more.”
How is this not supposed to grab your attention and make you want to learn more about the resort?
Located in Utah, known to have some of the “greatest snow on earth”, the resort is one of the largest ski areas in North America.
The fantastic snow, combined with limited ticket sales, means they are able to guarantee an authentic mountain experience. Check out this text from their website’s home page, the message is crystal clear:
Preserving the Powder… it is not just a slogan, it is who we are and what we live for. This season, we have added two new lifts to our current 1,000-acre network of lift-serviced terrain, pushing our in-bounds skiable territory, covered entirely by the greatest snow on earth, direct from Mother Nature, to a massive 8,464 acres.
Instead of packing more people into the resort, we limit lift ticket sales to 1,500 per day to ensure the lowest skier density of any major ski resort in North America. Your powder paradise is waiting, a mere hour from the Salt Lake City airport!
Take a glimpse at what a ski day at Powder Mountain looks like!
All of Powder Mountain at your fingertips
This season, Powder Mountain will offer a brand-new app to its visitors. Now you can stay updated, whenever and wherever you want, with the latest snow conditions, check webcams, weather forecasts, and be informed, for example, of any lift and run closures.
- Lift ticket sales: No more waiting in line when you get to the resort! Connect directly to their online sales system to purchase your lift ticket.
- Real-time updates: Be informed of the latest snow and weather reports, lift and run closures, webcams, etc.
- Follow Pow Mow via Social Media: Stay informed by following Pow Mow on its official social media network (Facebook, Instagram etc.)
- GPS localization and safety: Locate your friends, or yourself, in real-time, and be found, if necessary, thanks to its handy SOS call button.
- Interactive maps: Pinpoint yourself on the mountain, discover Powder Mountain addresses, info points, parking, etc. Be sure to also check out the 3D Map!
- Create a “My Skitude” account and record your ski day: Track your ski activity for accurate stats (drop, distance, max speed, average speed, etc.), and take pictures, complete with geotag information, directly via the app. Join Challenges to win prizes too!
- Activity Timeline: Check out all the activity registered at Powder Mountain thanks to the app’s tracking service, perfect for connecting with other users to compare runs and discover new routes.
Ready to check it out for yourself? Then download it now, and have fun out there!