Madonna di Campiglio: general resort description
Madonna di Campiglio may be better known for the winter events organized by Ferrari and Ducati at the beginning of each season to introduce their new cars and motorcycles. And if such recognized and prestigious brands chose this ski resort, it is not purely by chance. Madonna di Campiglio has an excellent geographical location, nestled in mountains of northern Italy, among the peaks known as the “Dolomitas de Brenta,” which belong to the same Dolomites that have been recognized as a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 2009.
The resort, also known as the Pearl of the Alps, is located at 1,550 meters of altitude and is considered today, to be one of the most important ski resorts in the Italian Alps. The resort consists of a total of 60 kilometers of skiable terrain, which easily grows to over 150 kilometers trails thanks its connection with the Pinzolo ski resort, to which it is linked by an impressive gondola, and the resorts of Folgarida and Marilleva which belong to the Val di Sole.
The ski area is especially recommended for beginners and intermediates alike as it has a large number of blue and red runs, allowing skiers to explore the entire domain. Among its trails one can find such legendary runs as the “Dolomitica,” title given to the longest run which is 5,750 meters in length with a 1,248-meter vertical drop, skied under the watchful eye of the massive rock formations that characterize the Dolomites.
Some technical stats:
- 150 kilometers of skiable terrain
- 1 ticket covers the entire ski resort
- 100 runs (45 blue, 37 red and 18 black)
- 4 snowparks
- 60 ski lifts
- 95% of the terrain is covered with artificial snow
- 850 meters, minimum altitude
- 2,500 meters, maximum altitude
App features: everything you need to know about the resort in the palm of your hand
The Madonna di Campiglio APP is the first to be developed in the Dolomites, with a very clear objective in mind, improve the user experience.
How did we do it? Below we have summarized some of the features available through this APP, making it an indispensable companion if you are thinking of heading to the “Perla de las Dolomitas”.
- Purchase ski passes: No more waiting in lines when you get to the resort. Connect directly with the resort’s computer system and buy a lift ticket for yourself and your companions too.
- Ski conditions: Get real-time updates on the current ski conditions such as the number of open runs or lifts, accumulated snowfall, kilometers of skiable terrain, etc.
- Weather information: Check current weather conditions and see the forecast for the upcoming hours and days.
- Webcams: See the skiing conditions in real-time. The webcams show live-stream images of Lago Montagnoli, Refuge Stoppani 2,500 meters, Grostè, 5 Laghi, Dolomiti de Brenta and Pradalago.
- Social Media: Stay constantly informed with official updates sent directly from the resort.
- Interactive map: Do not miss out on any runs the resort has to offer, and know exactly where you are at all times.
- Timeline: Find all the activity registered at the resort through the app available here, perfect for connecting with other users to compare runs and routes.
Last; but not least, the app is fully “My Skitude” compatible so you can register all your activity at the resort and keep improving your mountain activity stats.
In doing so, the app will provide you with a breakdown of all of your activity, such as kilometers skied, total vertical drop accumulated throughout the day, etc. And regarding the social component, with the app you can locate your contacts here, or in other resorts, if they are part of your network of friends, and even capture images with geotags.
Download the Skiarea Campiglio Dolomiti di BrentaAPP now!